From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 08:45:10 -0400
I use a water filtration system.  Not infallible, but better than nothing.

There are a few problems with using supplements to my mind.  First, the
minerals in your body need to be in a balance, and the high doses found in
supplements can throw that balance off.  For instance, calcium and
phosphorus have a balance relationship.  If there is not enough phosphorus,
the extra calcium can actually become toxic.  Second, there is some debate
as to whether or not minerals in supplements can even actually be used by
the body.

Supplements were my major complaint with the Atkins diet.  I kept thinking,
if this is the right diet, why should I be having to take all this junk?
 Anyway, I stopped right around the time I started Neanderthin and noticed
no difference whatsoever.

----------
John Pavao wrote:
>I've been doing alot of reading lately, and everything I've seen says that
>water with high mineral content seems to be much better for people.

that might be true, but here's my take on it:

 If its comin' outa the tap, _who knows_ what is in it?  I too have read a
bit about water, and I dont feel at all safe about drinking what comes out
of my tap, or out of some pretty, sparkling bottle of
who-knows-where-it-actually-came-from water in the grocery store.

I drink distilled.
I take supplements.