Gary Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:52:59 -0600
Thanks a lot Steve for the info.  I now know how to shut the computer down.
I hope your right about liking it better once I get use to it because I
don't think I'll have a choice but to learn it.

73, Gary, N5GD

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Windows 7

Yes, there are both Gary.

First, the layout of Win 7 and Vista is different than with XP.  Actually,
it is more convenient once you get used to it.

When you hit the windows key, you are in a search box.  If you just type
control and hit your down arrow, you will be in a list of results, one of
which will be control panel.  You can find just about any program or file by

hitting the windows key and just typing part of its name.  You will find
that it is more convenient once you get used to it.

You could use the above method for shutdown as well.  But, in Win 7, if you
hit the windows key and are in the search box, press the right arrow once
and you'll be on the shutdown option.  If you press right arrow again, you
will be in other shutdown options such as sleep, log-off user, restart, etc.

HTH,

Steve, K8SP