From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:41:17 -0700
Hi, all.

It is going to be a cold snowy week-end here in northeast Colorado, so I'm
planning to spend at least some time playing in the ARRL International DX CW
Contest.  I am not going to compete to win, but am going to use the
opportunity to test my Ameritron amplifier on different bands, and see if I
can wrack up a few new countries.

I have a few questions regarding the contest, and hope that someone can help
with the answers..

1.  I assume that since this is a DX contest, state-side contacts do not
count?

2.  I read somewhere in the contest rules that if your call sign is out of
the area you are operating from, you have to add some sort of an extension
to your call.  For example, since my call is a Michigan call, I may have to
do something like kb8tyj/w0, to reflect my current Colorado location.  Is
this true?

My next task is to see if the logging software is available through N3FJP,
and then, maybe I'll be able to start having some contest fun.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Louisville, CO