BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:02:18 -0500
From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Mary,  Thank you so much for responding.  It has been a very hectic 3+
months since the fire.  The authorities still give us no word as to whether
they are any closer to finding the perpetrator or not.  It it very
unnerving not to know, and not to know WHY, was it a vagrant passing
through, it was right after Halloween, was it a teen prank gone awry, was
it someone who had a grudge against the mostly older folk who are the
Historical Society, was it someone who was against healthy commercial
competition?????  At this point we just don't know.

As of last night we are at a point where we have raised enough money
through grants and donations that we are ready to say we are moving ahead.
The design committee has settled on a preliminary design, one of four put
forth by our long-suffering architect.  Now he can move ahead with more
solid design work.  We have a man who builds timber frames for buildings
who is donating his time and expertise for the frame, another who is sawing
out the timber from trees that are being donated off land in town, I think
we may actually end up with too much timber if we're not careful.  And
there are other donations and offers of donations from local tradespeople.

One of the things we are trying to hash out is there is a fellow in a
neighboring town whose company builds something called SIPS panels, he has
offered to donate these BUT some of us are QUITE skeptical about them and
would rather stick with tried and true old-fashioned building materials and
techniques.  Anyone here care to comment?

Anyone who would care to donate their Pinhead dues to the cause may do so
by sending to:

Putney Historical Society
PO Box 233
Putney, VT 05346

Be sure to let Ralph know so he won't stand by the mailbox looking for them.

Thanks, Ruth

PS:  In the photos I'm the short old lady.

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT