Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:40:02 -0500

Summary.  Thank you to everyone.  Please remember to be caution whenever eating out.

I am not affiliated with Mozzarelli's in anyway, I am just a regular gluten-free patron with Celiac Disease.  I read your posting on the Celiac Listserv. You are correct, Mozzarelli's is not a part of GFRAP, but they do understand the needs of the gluten-free community. Although they prepare their gluten-free pizza in the same store as the regular pizza, they use different tools and preparation locations for all of their gluten-free products.  Mozzarelli's does have a gluten-free day every six weeks or so where everything in the entire store is gluten-free. If you are nervous about eating on a regular day, this might be the day for you to try out their gluten-free pizzas. As the lead organizer for the NYC Celiac Disease Meetup group, I am comfortable holding regular meetups at Mozzarelli's where we have many very sensitive people with Celiac Disease. If you want more reviews of Celiac, you can visit our meetup board here: http://www.meetup.com/Celiac/messages/boards/?keywords=mozzarelli's&search_forum=&op=search

I've been there one on their GF Sundays, when the entire menu is GF.....it was great.  You can check to see when they will have the next one, or you can just go in anytime and enjoy.

We went in 2007 and they do an excellent job for gf service. The NCY Celiac Meetup group also endorses them. Mozzarelli's is listed on the map that the organizer of the group recently posted on her blog. You can find her map link in my recent article (www.celiac-disease.com). You'll need to scroll down to see the Gluten-free in NYC post. Or you can go straight to Erin's blog and search for the map there - www.glutenfreefunblogspot.com  The owners of Mozzarelli's are some of the nicest people in the city. Dave and his wife both are lovely people. Their the pizza is nothing like most gluten-free pizzas - it's like great gluten pizza. We had the gf biscotti when we were there but not they have tons of gf desserts that were not available at that time.

My husband and daughter who have Celiac's, just had lunch there yesterday.   They thought the pizza was good - but they didn't try anything else.  My daughter said that they had a sign that all gf items are prepared with equipment separate and different from the gluten products that they prepare.  My husband said that it was like cafeteria style - you pick out what you want, they heat it up and you sit down and eat.  3 slices of pizza - $15 (with toppings).  they didn't get drinks.

It is great.  You will love it.  The food is excellent and the people are all very friendly.

I've been there a few times, it's GREAT!!!!  The pizza is fantastic, but they also have cold sandwiches you can buy and take with you to eat later.  They also have very good desserts.  And the people there are VERY friendly and extremely knowledgeable about GF.  They host GF events there all the time and even have GF nights where they invite Celiacs and GF eaters to come and they only have GF food!  Very very nice people.

My daughter and I ate there a year an a half ago. Their food was wonderful!  We ate there twice in one weekend. The first time we had pizza--very yummy!  We returned for Sunday when they were having a gluten free day. WOW! They are very careful. They keep GF separate and are very knowledgeable. I highly recommend it.

They make great pizza, I eat it all the time.   They also have delicious desserts too!

This is my favorite pizza place in NYC.  The owner has a niece with celiac disease.  They do have regular pizza as well but are careful to keep the GF pizza on tin foil in the pizza ovens.  They also have the best assortment of GF cookies in the NYC area, and they are delicious too!

They are definitely GF friendly.

*******
*******