Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:35:53 -0800
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>

Dear List mates,

I am concerned about my 15 year old boy who  has either celiac disease or gluten intolerance and refuses to eat a gf diet. He has some stomach problems, has acne on his face (I think it's related to diet), rash on his upper back, does worse in school since eating gluten due to lack of concentration, and gets more colds than he used to.

He has had high Anti Gliadin, IgG several times,, high IgA another time (with traditional blood testing), and tests sensitive to wheat, milk and eggs as well. He has had two positive ANA's and went to a pediatric rheumatologist at Childrens Orthopedic who said that he does not have any autoimmune disease. I think the tests are positive from the gluten. Anyway, we are now waiting for results from Enterolab (the most comprehensive gluten panel), and the results will be interesting. His doctor is willing to have a talk with him about the dangers of untreated cd or gluten intolerance without us parents involved to see if he can get through to him. I have my doubts.

In any case, I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to cope with this issue. (My wish is to have a gluten free house which is impossible right now as our adult daughter has brain cancer, and we cannot take away these foods from her.)

Looking forward to hearing your wisdom and will summarize.

Thank you.

Sue
*******
*******