From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:47:19 -0500
    Hi All, A sighted, technically astute,

helpfully motivated Ham friend,

Whom I'll tell you about shortly,

has,  a Somewhat Blind Accessible, 2Meter Mobile Rig,

For Sale, For $75Shipped.

It is an Icom IC-27A that has

the HM-23 TTP mic, power cord, original manual,

And a Newly Installed Squelsh Pot.

It does Both 5watts, and 25Watts,

has selectable PL tones,

has Speech board2announce frequency in use;

Transmits And Receives _Only Within The 2Meter Band,

Has 9Memories, which he'll Program If Requested:

(Sellers'Contact Info at the end of this note.

*Background,
Jimmy Burnes and I first hooked up five or six years ago,
and we've interacted on _Bunches of situations since then.
He's a long time ham, with varried technical and other experience.
Who's   *both built and repaired a whole lot of Heath Kits,
*replaced finals in, Icom IC-706, Icom IC-t90,    IC2SAT,
IC02AT, Yaesu FT470, and other HTs, and HF rigs.
*done SMA Repair on t90s and others.
*done memory battery replacement
*battery pack rebuilding,
*zapped batpacks back to life,
*take several parts rigs and make a good looking good working rig,
*fix electrically then clean and repaint a rig,
*solder-tape and whatever's necessary to make a workable mic and or power cord,
*Repair tuners,*And Lots More, _All Very Affordably!

~He'll always try to find parts in stuff he has, and if he has to buy parts new, he will resell, very close to , if not actually at his cost.
~He's not_ an official repair center for any particular company, and he's not always able to give _Really fast turn around time.
Because, Although he's retired from his full time day job, with the phone company, he's got family and other interests; ~but really does care about helping folks/and I've found he's really motivated to help folks with challenges:
~He Enjoys swapping for or buying to fix up and resell _reasonably,
HTs, and sometimes other items.
~I don't know of anyone who's been disatisfied with his work.
~If he's not comfortable with attempting something, after researching it, he'll forthrightly tell you and try to steer you elsewhere.
~He's worked with folks in many countries, and will ship overseas.

~Ships Stateside via USPS Priority and or, Flat Rate Priority mail./other carrier if requested.

*I'm _not financially connected with, or receiving anything for passing his info along.  But /
**right now, for the first time in _several months, he's got some time to work on stuff so this might really  be a good time to contact him.
*Additionally, He didn't ask me to do this, but said it was OK for me to do so.
*_I _Highly recommend Him, and share his info below.  He both is, and has been, a valued and trusted friend to me!Sincerely, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.
~~~(Contact Info Below!)

Jimmy D. Burns, SR,

-WD4DOK

1551 Cedar Dale Lane