VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Albert Ruel on Gmail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Ruel on Gmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:03:33 -0800
Hi Marvin.   Here is the way I've burned CDs using Windows XP Home edition,
JAWS 9, 10 and 11.

Copy each file you want to burn on to the CDR drive in the usual way.  Once
you have all the files you want on the CD into the CD drive, and with
nothing selected you simply tap the Alt Key to open the Menu Bar, then arrow
down once in the File Menu and please find the first item as "Write These
Files To CD".  Press the Enter Key on that item, and if it isn't at the top
of the File Menu it is because you have something selected in the list of
files.  Don't despair though, it is in the File Menu, but just a little
deeper.  Arrow down until you find the item called, "Write These Files To
CD" and press the Enter Key.

That will bring up an Edit Field where you type in the name you want the CD
known by.  If you do nothing here the CD will be called by the day's date
and time.  Once you've named the CD Tab to the next control where you will
find the option of either checking or unchecking the option to make another
CD with these files or creating just one CD.  Press the Space Bar if you
want it changed, and if it is as you wish it to be just Tab to the next
control.

Please notice that I have not yet asked you to place a blank CD into the
drive.  Please don't put one in there yet.

If you are now sitting on the "Next Button" you may press the Enter Key, if
not then please Tab until you get there and press the Enter Key.  Now you
may place the CD in the drive and close it, sit back and enjoy the
wine/coffee/tea.

The way I have my burner configured the drive will open up when the burn is
finished, that way I know what's happening.

I have ruined many CDs by closing the drive before pressing the Enter Key on
the Next Button, but since I figured out to wait until the Next Button is
pressed I have ruined none.

All the best.

Thx, Albert