VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:49:15 -0400
Lisa,

To test if it is infact openbook, you should have gotten an ocr package with
your scanner.  try running that and using it for a while.  if infact it is
found to be an openbook issue, you will need to do a thorough cleaning of
openbook from your system and reinstall it.  If it is the hardware, the
other scanner package should behave similarly.  To check your scanner
driver, you go to control pannel, system, go to the hardware page and click
device manager.  there are a couple of ways to do this but this will get you
there.  in the list of devices, you will find your scanner, press enter on
it and move to the driver page.  you can read the info about the driver and
compare it with what you have found on the net to discover if it is newer.