From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:14:58 -0400
Tom,

Here's some more fuel for the fire:  Since your 80 meter dipole is going to
be pretty much non directional at that low height,put your DXCC in a
direction that  will give you the best advantage on the higher bands
depending on  what areas you want to favor with your rock crusher signal.
The second antenna could then be for other bands not covered by your current
antenna.  Maybe something for 160, and/or something to give you resonant
antennas on the WARC bands.

Yesterday's suggestion to  get as much wire up in the air as will fit your
spot and feed with open wire is  always a good and inexpensive option and
may be worth considering for the second dipole.   It could give you all band
operation and (I would guess)  less chance of interaction or detuning by
having 2 antennas for the same bands in so close proximity.

73, Steve KW3A