From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 11:05:35 -0500
The NLS has earned the highest praise and support that we can give them with
the new digital players!  I got mine Thursday night, and with help, I have
discovered a few fascinating things.
1.  If you load multiple books on a travel drive, you can open the library
by holding down the play button for 3 seconds.  Then the right and left
arrows go through the books.
2.  Kingston travel drives are recommended, but I had an 8 GB verbatim store
and go here, it works fine.  Sorry if I spelled that wrong.
2.  You have to be careful with this, thin fingers help.  The cartridges
connect to the machine via a standard USB port at the back of the cassette
well.  To avoid sticking a drive out the side of the machine, plug the drive
in to the port inside the well.  Tiny drives are not recommended, unless you
have really thin fingers.  The battery doesn't report more than 29 hours of
life, but I hear it actually runs the machine for 35 hours.
You may have to have the latest firmware for all of this to work, Mine says
2.1.4, I don't know how to get or update the machine yet.  If you have the
stream companion software, you can use it to transfer downloaded books to
the travel drive.  My thanks to everybody who has been so helpful in
answering my many questions.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor