From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:13:30 -0600
Years ago I read a novel, which incorporated within its story line, the
soldiers who guard the Tomb of the Unknown
Soldier.  I wish I could recall the name of the book because I'd read it
again.  It was the most American and
politically savvy book I ever read and not because of the story itself, that
is, the novel, but all I learned about the
soldiers who guard the Arlington National Cemetery Tomb of the Unknown
Soldier.  I somehow felt more
American, although I am half German and part British, after reading about
this special guard unit that literally give
their lives just to guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  Many today want
to be European in nature and
government or some other form of nationalistic and governmental political
system.  I am already European by
heritage but I was born an American in 1952 and reading about these soldiers
makes me ever more thankful I am an
American citizen.  Read the link on my website below and find out what I
mean.  I think, politically speaking, the
greatest thing wrong with America today is really the fear of living by real
character and standards we pledge to live
by, and the value such a life creates as an Americans.  Read about these
amazing soldiers and if you can see, there is
a picture of them walking their assigned duties at the Tomb of the Unknown
Soldier on my website.  Log on and
search the main page for the link labeled Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for
the text information.

The Zenith Tube Website
www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org