From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:59:14 -0700
Phil:

My only HF antenna right now is the Alpha Delta DXCC, which is a multi-band
dipole.  The antenna itself is pretty much oriented north/south, which
probably expalins why I'm not hearing too much 10-meter stuff just yet.  I
suppose I'm hearing what I'm hearing off the ends of the antenna, which, of
course, is not very helpful.

My problems with 40 meters probably stemmed from the fact that I was right
between the peak periods, so I'll keep that in mind for the next contest.

Speaking of the next possible contest, I think it's the ARRL International
DX SSB contest, which I think is the week-end of March 5--7.  That will
probably cause problems for our blind hams net, but should be a lot of fun
to work.

Maybe one of these nights coming up, I'll give you a call on the 145.145
repeater.  Or, I can call you on the 440 repeater we used once, although I
forget its frequency.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ