From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:24:33 -0600
I was at home this past week, so the good conditions gave me some very
plesant radio time.

I worked a station in Spain on 10 meter cw just before noon central
time on Thursday.

He was 57 with his 500 watts, and gave my 100 watts a 55.

I heard Japan faintly on 15 cw during the contest yesterday.

But, I spent most of yesterday afternoon and this afternoon on 15
meter AM above 21.400.

I worked a half dozen stations, including VE5, VE6, and VY1, plus some
W7 stations.

What fun it was to have 15 and 10 open. As Phil said, it will only get
better for some time to come, although the openings for this year will
drop off again as the weather gets warmer.

So, spend your summer getting those upper hf band antennas ready for
fall.

Anything, even the lowly dipole, will work when the band is open.