From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:01:33 -0600
I did that once, but inside an old swan 270a.
I was happily poking around with adjustments when my metal screw driver came
into contact with the main coil wich, I found out later, had 700 volts on
it.
The screw driver flew and stuck in the wall, and I was thrown back about two
feet and suffered a pretty good burn where i had been holding the screw
driver and touching ground.
That didn't stop me from poking around, but I made sure to not touch that
particular coil again, and I wrapped tape around my metal handled screw
driver to prevent the same from happening...as well as to prevent any issues
when I was adjusting metal VR's and such inside those old radios...sometimes
if you use a metal screw driver and adjust those, when you take your hand
away, the value changes abruptly.
73
Colin, V A6BKX