AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:27:19 -0700
Join the African Association of Madison, Inc. for $25 per year. Mail check to: AAM, PO Box 1016, Madison, WI 53701
Phone: 608-258-0261 -- Email: [log in to unmask]     Web: www.AfricanAssociationofMadison.org

Attend AAM's Annual General Meeting at 6:30 pm on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at the Urban League Center, Madison
For Updates and AAM Board Elections.

AAM New Year's Eve Gala starts at 7:00 pm on Monday, December 31, 2012 at the Sheraton Hotel, Madison.  Tickets Now on Sale.

Intriguing news indeed! So, with the arrest and detention of a leader
like  SCNC acting chairman, what are SCNC activists and sympathizers
doing to show their unflinching support for the person they call their
leader? See, this is the thing that irks me the most about Cameroonian
freedom fighters: they have no clue how to stand by their leaders and
be prepared to die with their leaders. They have no clue how to plan
strategic resistance; they have no clue how to drum unflinching
support for leaders fighting tooth and nail to annihilate
emasculators of justice; they don't know what the word 'revolution'
means in the context of a  liberation struggle. If we are ignorant of
these rudiments of resistance then why even bother talking about it?

Look, it took Dr. Martin Luther. King several years of self-sacrifice
and mental and physical torture to move African Americans from the
back seats to the front seats of buses in America. It took Nelson
Mandela 27 years of incarceration at the infamous Robben Island
dungeon to liberate Black South Africans from the fangs of a voracious
apartheid system that treated blacks like  the scum of society..It
took Mahatma Gandhi several decades to liberate India from the yoke of
British colonialism. It took John Garand and his henchmen decades of
tenacious fighting to deliver the SOUTH SUDAN that we know today. It
took Reuben Um Nyobe, Felix Moumie, Ernest Ouandie et al several years
fighting in the marquis to liberate Cameroon from the strangulating
grip of France. It cost Patrice Lumumba his life to liberate former
Zaire from King Leopold's colonial vampiredom. I could go on and on
but what's the point? What will it take the SCNC to liberate
AMBASSONIA from the manacles of LRC? That is the real question!It's
the HOW that matters at this juncture. Don't start the real revolution
without me!

Dr. PETER VAKUNTA
PROFESSOR, UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE LANGUAGE INSTITUTE, POM-CA

--
Peter Wuteh Vakunta, Ph.D.
Asst Professor of Modern Languages

http://www.dliflc.edu
http://tinyurl.com/FacebookSLC
http://www.vakunta.blogspot.com

"Race is the least reliable information you can have about someone. It's
real information, but it tells you next to nothing."~Toni Morrison

"There is no agony like bearing an un told story inside you."~ Zora
Neale Hurston