From:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:15:04 -0400

Hello everyone,
I recently returned from a trip to Disney with family and I wanted to write
about my very positive experience.  As everyone probably knows, Disney
makes it very comfortable for us celiacs to travel to their parks.

I received all the dietary information from Brenda Bennet at Disney's Special
Dietary Requests department.  Brenda was wonderful in her prompt response
to my questions.   I emailed Brenda a filled out Guest Allergy Form so they
were aware of where we were eating, mostly for table service purposes, so
they would be prepared well ahead of our arrival for Gluten Free diet.

We stayed at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter.  We had signed
up for the Dining Plan when we made our resort reservations which made
everything so much easier.  The dining plan is very convenient and they don't
restrict what you can or cannot have on the menu.

At each location I spoke to a chef.  For reserved table service they knew from
my Guest Allergy Form that I had dietary restrictions so the server was aware
and informed me they would be getting the chef to come speak to me.

We ate at:
Sassagoula Food Court (Port Orleans - French Qtr):  The chef prepared Gluten
Free waffles, burger with tapioca bun and oven made fries, all made in the
back in a dedicated location.  Chef Ricardo in the morning was great making
GF waffles, and in the afternoon and evening Chef Carlos offered to make
burger fries, hotdogs, or pizza all in the dedicated location in the back.  They
also offer a delicious Gluten Free Fudge Brownie made by French Meadow
Bakery that you can pick up for on-the-go.

At Tusker House (Animal Kingdom) the Chef came and walked me through the
breakfast buffet.  I had a wonderful buffet breakfast like I have not had since
I have been on the diet!

We ate at Boatwright's at Port Orleans - Riverside.  Again a chef came and
explained what items from the menu were safe.  The server was well versed
on dietary restrictions.  When she brought out a salad, she ensured me it was
prepared were it would not be contaminated.

We ate at Crystal Palace and the Chef came to my table to pick me up and
walk me through the dinner buffet.  He also brought out warm Gluten Free
tapioca dinner rolls.  I had a wonderful dinner selection of mashed potatoes,
salads, rice, carved meats, and salmon.  For dessert they had ice cream and a
delicious custard flan.

We also decided to visit Hollywood Studio's Islands of Adventure.  I did my
research on their web site and contacted them but they don't have anything
setup like Disney.  They gave me information about a couple of restaurants
that could accomodate me when I arrived.  However, once at the park both
restaurants were closed - very weird!  So we stopped to eat at Emeril's in
Universal Studios City Walk.  I did not eat anything else at this theme park.

I was very happy and so was my family who was impressed with the
treatment I received at Disney properties.  I had a relaxing trip and I was not
as concerned traveling.  The staff, servers, and chefs were all wonderful in
assisting me.

I hope this email is informational and helps others in planning their Disney trip.

*******
*******