Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 22:04:31 -0500

Hi All~~

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding where I might find
GF buckwheat flour, as Bob's Red Mill does not offer a GF version of their
organic buckwheat flour. I have difficulty ordering things online unless
absolutely necessary (shipping costs are too high), I may have to give in on
this one. Below are the suggestions everyone made...Thanks, again!

Arrowhead Mills: 2
Burketts Mills  http://thebirkettmills.com/ :  3  [This is Poconos brand]
_____
Hodgdon Mills is GF.
_____
You are right, many recipes call for buckwheat flour as people are trying to
add some healthy products into their baking.  Jules uses Bouchard Family
Farms Gluten Free Buckwheat flour from Maine.  She does buy it at Whole
Foods, however.  If you have a small health food store near you, you could
certainly ask if they could get it for you.
_____
I had some buckwheat flour from Arrowhead Mills, I think. However, since it
was gone, what I do now is grind my own flour/meal from the Birkett Mills
Pocono brand of their Cream of Buckwheat. Birkett Mills is a dedicated
facility.  I use it along with grinding my flax into meal in my all purpose
bread. I get it by the case from Whole Foods, but it can probably be ordered
online too. Good luck.
_____
I buy a lot of gf foods from Amazon - they carry a buckwheat flour from
"Berry Farm"  - I have not talked to manufacturer, but it says "gluten free"
on package.  I have also bought and used their xantham gum and soy flour.
_____
I bought groats online.  I'm sure I could blend them if I wanted flour.
_____
Try Glutino -  I'm not au courant now, but they used to have a completely GF
buckwheat flour.  They have an on-line store at glutenfree.com
_____
My Mom has CD.  She lives in a small town in mid-Missouri.  There's a small
Mennonite grocery store near her where she finds items like buckwheat flour,
quinoa, tapioca flour, and other items, and at a somewhat discounted price.
You didn't mention what size of town in Kansas, but thought you might find a
similar store in your area.
_____
When I called Arrowhead Mills in 2002/2003 about the rice flour they said it
was not done on dedicated equipment so I would question their buckwheat
too.  Pocono is mild, sort of the white flour of buckwheat. I try to keep
the flour in the freezer except over the winter when I get a beef order and
don't have space then I should put the flour back in.  50# lasts a long
time.
_____
We carry buckwheat flour and our own buckwheat flour blend.  Our buckwheat
flour comes from a facility that knows of gluten free and has been supping
us with flours for years.  Check our website.

Thanks

Ritt Gallo

Mr. Ritt's Gluten Free Bakery
453 North 2nd Street-GPS or Internet Directions
(212 E. Vine Street-Mailing Address)
MIllville, NJ 08332
856-825-8770

https://www.mrritts.com <https://www.mrritts.org/>