From:
June Brettler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:14:57 EST

But beware of people telling you there are already treatments  available.
I was at a holiday party given by the New York City  celiac meet-up group
last week.  A woman, claiming to be a nurse  practitioner, went around
introducing herself and claiming there was an  enzyme we could take currently that
allows us to eat gluten .  When I  expressed my strong skepticism she
claimed I was too based in western  medicine.

I don't care if something comes from western, eastern, southern or northern
 medicine if rigorous scientific testing proves its efficacy.  Until then,
while its no fun, the gluten free diet works.

There will always be someone trying to sell you something that is useless
or worse.

June