Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:36:42 -0500
I aspire to be like my neighbor in physical fitness.  She is 84 years old,
and she has been a widow for about 33 years.  She has 30 acres and a house
with a vegetable garden.  Until just a couple of years ago she did all her
work inside and out - house cleaning, laundry, garden planting and
harvesting, wood splitting, canning, deer hunting, lawn mowing, leaf raking,
etc.  She lamented to me a few weeks ago that she has declined in strength.
She has had to accept the fact that she can no longer lift 50 pound bags but
40 pound bags are her limit now.  She also has some part time help with yard
and housework now.

She eats a typical American diet except based on tastes from about 50 years
ago with a lot fewer processed foods and artificial ones.  However, besides
good genes her continued health and vigor are a testament to her active
lifestyle.  She doesn't weight train or jog, etc but she does stay active
almost continuously.

I do weight train, plus walk and sprint since I work at a desk.  I also
clean my own house, do laundry, etc.  I hope I will remain as vigorous as my
neighbor.

Paula H.