BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:53:46 -0500
On 12/9/2009 1:29 PM, John Leeke wrote:
> Well, I can imagine with all your practical experience that you will
> make your fake fireplace so realistic that someone sometime will
> actually build a real fire in it. So, there is no resting easier with
> real fake work.

John,

I hear you.

We built a fireplace at a private cottage near a ski resort and when we
finished out the firebox on a Friday we put a tarp over the masonry to
keep out the weather. The following Monday the property owner was real
pissed that their fireplace smoked so badly.

But this fake firebox is in Manhattan... which means the idiot, we would
assume drunk to give the the benefit of the dunce, either has to find
firewood or bust up furniture.
But what I did say was that I would not build the firebox, for the gas,
unless someone officially designed it and handed us a drawing.

][<en