BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:32:49 -0500
Speaking of memories, Mary Slater wrote on Monday, December 07, 2009 7:38 PM:

> Fisher Scientific

Wow. They are still a going concern in NYC....

My post-war Fisher Scientific salesman father was calling on my post-war but soon to be kicked out of the workforce to make room for the returning soldiers chemist mother trying to sell chemical glassware, but he apparently also managed to sell himself to her.

She was from Toledo, and they wanted to get out of the city, so his boss made a call to a colleague in the chemical glassware industry with Toledo-based Owens-Illinois, makers of Kimax (the superior glassware to Pyrex from Corning), and the rest is, as they say, history. Her job soon was making babies, and damned (...this one's for you, Mary) if I wasn't one of the results. So I guess I am in a sorta round-about-way one of the first test-tube babies.

dan and doncha know I always drink my beer from bottles never cans becker
--

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- **Please remember to trim posts, as requested in the Terms of Service** To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>