From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:25:13 -0500
Not likely that any type of phono jack has to do with alc on that radio.
The alc, amp keying and grounds are all supposed to be   in the 7 pin din.
The underside is the next good place to look.  If you found a round jack
with the correct number of holes to match the pins on the plug, you are in
business.

The phono jacks are probably for a hand key  and perhaps either a keyer or
external speaker.

If you want to key with the mic for tuning, use am or fm, or rtty mode if
available.   ssb won't do it.   There is probably a "send" button on the
front panel, both my 430 and 2000 have one.  Put the rig in cw and hit the
send button to tx a steady carrier.

Good luck, Steve KW3A