VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 04:36:41 -0500
Replied to Rachel's message yesterday and only just realised it went to her rather than the list, so here it is again in case anyone else finds it useful.

Rachel,

It's as accessible as any other version of Windows - more so in some places like the Control Panel, where you don't have to use the JAWS cursor so much, but there is no classic view of the Start Menu and WordPad has a ribbon rather than a menu system.  This means you may have to learn different ways of doing things. JAWS 11 was the first version to officially support Windows 7, but JAWS 10 seems to work pretty well anyway.

Here are three messages from another list on this topic which you may find interesting: