BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:55:20 -0500
My Grandma kept a jar of oxalic acid in the cellarway in this old house
which is soon to be MINE, may still be there, I haven't looked lately.
Grandma would put some crystals in water and boil, she would hold any cloth
with rust stains over the steam and it would remove the rust stain.  As far
as I know that is the only thing it was ever used for here.

Grandma also dug and cooked dandelion greens, but not in linseed oil.  I
should think they would be a bit out of season now though.  Ruth