From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:19:57 -0600
I can get WWV on 15 megs any time of the day or night usually.
it's not usually above an S9 though so it's hard to use that to judge
propigation on 20 meters.
It's S9 even when the A and K index is high, and S9 when they are very low
as well.
I find the beacon on 10MHZ and 5MHZ are somewhat more useful for 40M and
75/80M propigation.

I've never heard the beacon on 20MHZ from this part of the world...at least
not in the past 10 years.
I heard it a few times from VY1 in the late 90's though.
I too always check 27.025 to see what sort of propigation 10 and 6 might
have.
some of those goof balls are running upwards of 25000W.
73
Colin, V A6BKX