From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:41:15 -0800
Hi John,
I know some othr people have already written to you.

I'm an apartment dweller here in Sacramento, CA but have access to a
balcony.

Some commercial antenna possibilities include the Ham Stick verticals, The
Super Antennas MP1 the Chameleon antenna that runs 80 meters down to ten
meters.

All of the above will need a counterpoise of some sort.

I own a Kenwood TS480SAT that I'm running in Qrp mode.

For my money the best comercial antenna system comes now from Traveler
Antennas. They make a unit called the Traveler 2010 that covers 20 meters
down to ten meters.

They also make mono band units for 30 meters 40 meters and 80 meters.

I plan to get some of these soon to use on my balcony.

They set up easily and don't require radials or a counterpoise system.

They are pricey however. $329 for the multi band unit.

You can find reviews of all these units at www.eham.net.

the category of antennas is portable not mobile.

Hope this helps.

Best 73,

Eric
KU3I