From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 23:01:05 -0500
I will be on in the contest some, but have to get taxes done, participate in
church services on Sunday morning, work ahead on next week's Bible study,
and be available for my wife, whose mother is likely to start hospice care.
Besides, if I turn the beam toward Europe, I might not get it back to the
west.  On 17 meters my only antenna is my tri-bander.  It loads up, and I
have made a few DX QSO's, but I think it's rather inefficient.

Good luck in the contest.  At the beginning of the contest, it sounded to me
as if 20 meters was going to shut down early.  Forty was open to Europe and
the Caribbean.  So it should be interesting.  Remember that many DX
stations, if they are serious about working as many W/VE stations as
possible, are in the General Class phone segments, starting at the bottom of
the segment.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls