From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:27:32 -0700
Hi, all.

I attempted to post this on the blind hams list yesterday, but somehow, it
didn't get through.  So, sorry for the belated comments.

I'm going to support Kevin, and suggest that we move our Cross-Country Blind
Ops net to 20 meters if possible, at least for the Winter months.  Regarding
frequency, 14.258
worked very well here on Sunday, with very little QRM on either side, and,
of course,
no foreign broadcasts (grin).

The day and start times for the net are an issue, with busy week-end
schedules, church for many on Sundays, etc., but I'd propose Sundays at 2100
Z, to give our church-going friends on the Pacific coast time to get home
and settled.

We will, of course, need relays, but I think there are enough of us around
to accomplish that quite nicely.

I am not sure whether we will be better served by going back to 40 meters
and an evening schedule later on, but 20 certainly did work well.

I'd like to open this up for discussion throughout the week, and see if we
can arrive at a workable situation for most by next week-end.

P.S.  Sorry I was not on 40 meters at 0100 Z Sunday evening.  As many of you
know, I spent much of the mid and late afternoon on Sunday, trying to
resolve my amplifier situation with a local ham, and quite honestly, the
shack was in no condition to be used at 0100 Z.  The good news is that the
only thing that was damaged in the amp shipment here were the tubes.
Everything else looks
fine, although I'm going to need my local ham friend to make me an interface
cable for the TS480.  Thought I had one, but the pin configuration doesn't
seem to be quite right.

Will keep everyone posted.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ