From:
"Joan E. TERRY" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan E. TERRY
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:09:32 -0700

I received an overwhelming amount of responses and will try to summarize them, so as to help others.  Thank you to ALL who responded to me. I have also tried to respond to each and every one of you individually. This website is so helpful!

Here are the tips:

 Sweet rice flour sucks up  dry ingredients, and may make recipe dry

Try Quaker Oats "Vanishing" original cookie recipe and substitute GF ingredients
( there were numerous responses confirming this recipe is very good).

Quaker Oats original recipe used by many , using Meister All Purpose GF flour and Cream Hill or Bob's Oatmeals.

Make up your own flour blends

Use Oatmeal, Jowar, Almond and rice Flours w 1 tsp ZG for each cup of flour

Use pumpkin puree, banana puree, sweet potato puree for moisture.  Look on vegan sites for recipes.

Use Bob's Redmill oatmeal cookie recipe

Use Glutenfreenaturals cookie blend and GF oats

Use recipe on 123glutenfree.com

Use craisens, not raisins. If raisins used, soak or boil them  in water for 5 minutes

Try glutenfreeeasily site for flourless oatmeal cookies

Try Vic and Hallies fabulous recipes. Vic posts 2 different oatmeal cookie  recipes

Add a little dry butterscotch pudding mix to your cookie recipe

If you are using an old recipe and the newer baking pans, turn down your oven

Chill your cookie recipe in the frig for 2 hours before baking the cookies.

Try the recipezaar site. It has many, many oatmeal cookie recipes.