From:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:16:03 +0000

I have a gluten containing recipe that I mix a regular box of cake mix as
directed on the pkg and then pour an entire can of frosting down the center
and cook it in the microwave for 10 minutes. It's a huge hit so when I
found this same 5 min. GF version that was sent out a couple of weeks ago I tried it for my son with a tablespoon or so of icing down the center of the mug. It makes a "chocolate melting cake". When you cut into the cake the icing should be runny don't over cook
it and serve it with ice cream.

 I wonder if the new GF Betty Crocker cake mix would work?? I haven't tried
it yet. When I cook a full size version, I cook it for 10 minutes in the
microwave.

 We went on a carnival cruise this summer and enjoyed a chocolate melting
cake just about every night. It wasn't a gf version so when I got home I
took their recipe and made it for my son to try and it was wonderful! I
substituted the 1/2 cup flour with an all purpose GF flour and it worked
perfectly!

 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
7 eggs
6 TBS sugar
1/2 cup flour

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter; cool 10 minutes.
In separate bowl, mix four eggs w/ sugar. Whisk. Add flour and whisk. Add
remaining three eggs. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture.

Pour into 8 individual ramekins. Bake until just done, about 15-20 minutes
(interior will be melting). Serve with vanilla ice cream.

 ENJOY!!!