From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2010 08:01:11 -0500

have traveled gluten free with my husband to 7 continents.  Translated
restaurant cards are so very helpful to explain our basic dietary
restrictions in other countries.

   My favorites are available at www.glutenfreepassport.com.  Click on
Travel, then Translations to find excellent translations into Dutch, French,
German, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and
Swedish. These excellent GF dining cards are available from the authors of
LET'S EAT OUT.  I recommend printing out several in color and then laminate
them.   Koeller & LaFrance also publish a "Multi-Lingual Phrase Passport"
booklet that has relevant dining phrases translated into French, German,
Italian and Spanish.

   I have toured Iceland, and most people speak English, although I got a
translated dining card from NO THANKS I'M ALLERGIC.  However, cards in this
resource do not mention soy sauce, which ingredient I think is important to
list.

  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Janet Y. Rinehart -- [log in to unmask];

www.houstonceliacs.org

Former President, CSA/USA, Inc. -- www.csaceliacs.org

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't
ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in
the same place." -- Nora Roberts, author