VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:50:05 -0600
Hello All:

Well my boss, good guy that he is gave me a challenge.  I need to figure
out how to compose and send e-mail using Thunderbird with the NVDA
screen access product.  I have only been able to do this using the mouse
keys in NVDA.  That is, get into an e-mail, write some text, then move
around using the mouse keys.  However, I cannot do this like you can in
JAWS using Outlook Express.

I did try playing a bit with Thunderbird and JAWS and it doesn't read
like other e-mail clients do in compose mode.

So, I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any tricks to make
Thunderbird easier to use to compose or reply to e-mails using NVDA?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
www.thechicagolighthouse.org

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]