From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 15:27:08 -0500
My old, much hated HP multi-function color inkjet is beginning to show
signs of age, and I've been searching for a replacement.

One of the things that I learned from an earlier discussion on this list
is that even if you print only in black, using the black button, color
inks are used up in the process, too.  Simply by copying the black
crossword puzzle out of the paper every day, I managed to go through
color inks, too.  UGH.

Now, I'm looking at color laser printers that use toner cartridges
instead of ink cartridges.

What I want to know is: /do color laser printers use up the color toners
even if you are only printing black and white prints?/

My guess would be, "No, of course not!"  But that's what I would have
said about my inkjet, too!!

As a little aside question, I wouldn't expect a color laser to do a very
good job at printing snapshots, but if anyone knows of one that will do
that (priced well under $1K I would hope), I'd like to hear about it.

TIA,

Dean Kukral