From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:09:08 -0400
Hi Jacob,

Here are a couple of clips that may answer your question:

Tutorial: Anatomy of a Hard Disk Drive - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz6kJyz4UV0

Tutorial: Anatomy of a Hard Disk Drive - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaSeiS7pH9k&feature=relmfu

It's somewhat dry ,but may give a good idea of what's involved.

Peter E.