From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:31:49 -0500
Running a home build with the following:
-Asus P5G41T-M LX plus mobo
-Intel core2 quad (belarc Advisor vir. 6.1 shows it as a 2.85 gig Pent III)
-Radeon HD 4350 vid card
-Audigy 2 zs platinum pro
-Cooler Master 500 watt PS
-XP pro SP 3

I recently installed and have been playing Tomb Raider Legend. At one
point the "bad guy appeared stuck in the air speaking the same lines
over and over. His weapon was also repeating it's "swishing whistle"
sound. I walked up to him and blasted him with no resistance till he
was no more. Nice to get by him so easy. However, since it happened I
have a sound similar to (but not exactly like) his weapon which is a
distorted whistle (kind of like the sound of sucking air between your
upper teeth and lower lip) climbing in pitch for 2-3 seconds then
stopping only to begin again after several seconds. Reminds me of a
voltage frequency growing till it reaches a capacitance limit then
re-setting. This continues after quitting and exiting the game and
only stops by rebooting the pc.

This game's notes say it is optimized for NVidia cards but other than
this noise, my Radeon has been working great.

Any ideas what could cause this or where I might find a log of the
problem or otherwise find the culprit?

-Phil-