From:
"Paul%20A.%20Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:19:38 +0000
Greetings all--

I risked baldness troubleshooting a similar situation when replacing a motherboard that had been 'taken out' when a video card's caps swelled and burst. I bought a replacement board, and with known good components (processor, replacement video card, RAM), had the same 'no-beep' symptoms. All power supply and case wires were properly connected, and I even tried 'known good' RAM from two other computers. I finally put the manufacturer's CD in one of my other computers to read the manual. What I found was that the particular board (an Intel DG31PR from their "Classic Series") was very finicky about RAM. It would only work with PS2-667 or PS2-800 RAM. All I had in our 3 other computers to test with was PS2-533. I'd recommend checking your manual for the board and verifying that your RAM speed is supported. Once I bought some PS2-800 RAM and installed it, the computer booted right up.

Good luck.

Paul A. Shippert