From:
tombehler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:03:28 -0600
Hi, Folks.

Since Sue and I have moved to the Boulder, CO area, we have become involved
with a youth ham club called BARC Juniors.  The whole purpose of the club is
to get young kids involved in amateur radio, and to prepare them to give an
annual presentation at Carol Perry's Youth Forum at the Dayton Hamvention.

Sue and I are going to be  involved not only in helping with various club
activities, but also specifically with elmering some of the kids as they
learn the ins and outs of our hobby.

I'm writing this e-mail because this Saturday: September 19th, the BARC
Juniors are going to be running an HF special event station.  The call for
the station will be W0W.  The special event will run from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
mountain daylight time, which converts to 1600 Z - 2100 Z.

The organizers of the special event like to let the kids decide what bands
and frequencies to operate on, but 20 and 40 meter SSB look to be good bets.

So, if you'd like to make contact with the BARC Juniors, Saturday might be
your day.

I don't have any more information than this, but hopefully, it will be
enough to encourage some of you to try to contact the kids.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Louisville, CO