VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:26:04 -0400
Several important questions here, Jeff.  First off, what's the make and
model number of your router?  Secondly, are you using the dedicated /
proprietary router software to set up your network?  Whenever possible,
avoid using such software and configure your router by going into the
default

192.168.1.1

internet address.  I had some issues along these lines with my linksys E3000
router; a very good router, but there are some things which can only be done
with the proprietary software; and yes, said software isn't particularly
accessible.

Without further information, I don't know that anyone will really be able to
help you.

John