VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:57:16 -0500
Harry,
I can't speak for bluetooth keyboards in general but I have a
Refreshabraille unit which is a Braille display and bluetooth keyboard.  I
can read and write Braille and navigate menus.  If a regular bluetooth
keyboard has some kind of navigation key, then it should work.  It is pretty
easy to learn how to navigate around the phone just using the touch screen.
It just takes practice sliding your finger and hearing the menu choices and
then tapping to select them.  You can also move up and down in lists and go
from page to page and application to application.  I have had an IPhone for
the past couple of weeks and have adjusted to it and really think it is one
of the most accessible mainstream products I have ever used.  There are also
many applications which have been written especially for the blind.  It's
pretty simple to learn how to use the phone and dial numbers.  To save time,
you can save numbers in a contact list or use voice commands.

Dan

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]