VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:41:23 -0600
Hello:

I have two things.  First, my wife and I are thinking about replacing
our 5-1/2 year old Dell Desktop computer.  Can anyone recommend a good
wipe utility that is accessible with Window-Eyes?  We would like this so
we can wipe any personal information off of our hard drive before either
trading in the computer or donating it to someone.  We really aren't
interested in being victimized by Identity Theft, thank you!

My second question is, we have a copy of Microsoft XP for Small Business
that has Word and Excel with it.  What is the proper procedure to follow
to transfer the registration of this product to someone should we donate
the computer?  We'd want to donate this software too and just want to
make sure we are doing things properly.  We'd also need to know this
procedure for the Windows XP Home on this machine.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)