BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:23:13 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Meanwhile I see on the Hitlery Channel that the Nazis invented flying
> saucers.  Who knew?
>
> That was pretty cool. Any hifi will do. My father surreptitiously
> recorded every family gather (and parents Bridge parties) in the
> late 50's and early 60's and I recnetly found the cache of tapes. I
> recall clearly a few, of my grandfather entering the house having
> enjoyed a few Rheingolds (the dry beer, ask for Rheingold whenever you
> buy beer) and forcing my brother and I to play the piano. Another was
> my debriefing after first attendance at military summer camp in North
> Jersey - a camp filled with scary kids from a place called Brooklyn.
> Nevertheless, when I've tried to play them on a stereo deck, there is
> chaotic crossover from the multi tracks.
> Tw.
Twy,

If you get the correct playback equipment you should also be able to get
a small box (I forget the name of it, buried here somewhere on the desk)
to record them onto your computer as mp3s. I use a cassette deck set up
in this manner to record audio lecture series my mother loans to me --
then listen on the iPod. Though not the same sound quality, the essence
of the recording will be more shareable now and later.

The stereo deck that I got previously from Ralph is set up to my office
computer so I run iTunes through it into the speakers. Very nice.

][<en