From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:35:31 -0400
we have a lot of repeaters in eastern MA and really don't have much drop
out, the mobile flutter is there but that's what hear clear is for and/or
the flutter fighter features in the repeaters and radios. We have them
working great around here, I have a base radio, it's a Motorola MCS2000
mounted in a E.F. Johnson base consol, I made that up a couple months ago
and was running another MCS2000 before that which is probably going in the
car before long. I'm moving in with my girlfriend so probably will get it in
her car before the move so I can keep an ear on my repeater though I do take
the hand held everywhere. That's a bit spotty but works reasonably well,
probably as well or better than it would on 440 around here. I like 900 MHz
because I can get out of most buildings that no other band can with an
antenna indoors.