Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:02:41 -0400
Gerry,

If you are talking about the red and black halves of a pair slipping apart,
there are a couple of ways around this.  They do sell roll pins which wedge
in somewhere and keep the halves together,  but a lot of people don't
recommend them since they can possibly fall into your radio or somewhere and
cause a problem.  Some guys super glue the red to black halves, but of
course this is permanent.    Best is probably to use hot glue or  silicone
glue or something to keep them together, but they can still be separated if
need be.

However I think you may be referring to the red and black pair connected to
the wire coming unplugged from the red and black pair on the equipment, or
whatever you are plugged in to.  In theory it's supposed to be that way.
Red and black plug"A"should unplug from red and black plug "B" with 6 lbs of
force.    The wire that is properly crimped into the metal terminal should
withstand at least 25 lbs of force.   The idea is that it is better to have
the thing unplug, rather than to  have wires pull loose  or break.

73, Steve KW3A