From:
Matthew Bullis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Bullis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:31:04 -0700
Hello, so I've successfully validated my call sign on EchoLink, and I loaded
up the program. I'm exploring my way around the program reading the help,
and all of a sudden I hear someone calling my call sign out. I found that
space bar is the transmit button, and so I was able to converse, and my
first contact was from Moscow, which was quite interesting. I talked with
him for a while, and then went on to read more of the help. I've switched
the view to the explorer mode where it shows the info in folders like
Windows Explorer does. I went to the different locations, and it has the
call signs listed there. If I hit enter on a call sign, the program beeps.
Do I then say hello and wait for a response, or do I have to go into the
station menu and hit connect? Also, if I'm talking, I'm still in the list of
call signs. If I want to stop talking to one person, can I hit enter on
another call sign? On the subject of conferences, how do you work those? It
seems as though you're pretty much talking to one person at a time when
clicking on a call sign, and that nobody else can hear your conversation.
How do I join the traffic on a repeater on the system, and or how do I join
a conference of people I've not been introduced to? I guess those questions
are good for a start, and if I can get help with those, that would be
helpful. I wish someone had done an audio review of this program for Main
Menu or BlindCoolTech. There were a few reviews for a few programs called
CQ101 I think, and another one called QSO.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew