From:
Anne Luther <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Luther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:15:00 -0500

I received only a few responses. Most said to get a condo as the kitchen
will let one cook some of the meals. Eating out in Hawaii is very expensive.

Areas recommended were Napili, Kannapalli, Kanapali, Wailea

Places to stay mentioned were the Hyatt, Napili Kai Beach Resort, Napili
Point condominiums, Kapalua Villas, Aston Papakea.

I was told not to miss going to Haleakala.
http://home.nps.gov/hale/index.htm

I also received this link http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/index.html

We chose the Aston Papakea as it had air conditioning(for my husband) and
free internet(for me). And we got a fairly reasonable package for a one
bedroom ocean front. Not all condos have AC.

I went to Maui in the 1960's. What impressed me the most was the Banyan tree
- it was amazing. I wonder if it will still look amazing to me now.
http://www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/html/sites/banyan_tree.html

I found my best deal through www.kayak.com

You can also book condos through VRBO.

As I eat a very simple no grain whole foods diet, I won't have any problem
shopping for food.

Anne

*******
*******