From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:36:05 -0500

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES has discontinued special gluten-free meals on
international flights.  This can be anxiety-ridden for celiacs if they do
not know and do not come prepared on international flights.   Because of
security concerns and customs, it may be hard to even bring food, at least
enough for that flight and  a return flight. And there are few GF choices
after Security.  Of course, you don't know what is available when you are
abroad as well.

     Another person on a celiac blog found another name to write to.
Hopefully, this is the updated, correct CEO now.   Please join me in writing
your opinion and encourage Continental to reinstate their gluten-free meals.
I think they are keeping the vegan selection, but vegan is mainly a choice.
A gluten-free diet is not a choice for celiacs; it is the only way to stay
healthy.  It is the ONLY treatment for celiac disease.

Mr. Jeffery A. Smisek, CEO

      or write to:

Mr. Jeffery A. Smisek, CEO, Continental Airlines
P.O. Box 4607, Houston, Texas 77210-4607

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Janet Y. Rinehart -- [log in to unmask]; 281-679-7608

Chairman, Houston Celiac Support Group

13722 Ashley Run, Houston, TX  77077

www.houstonceliacs.org

Former President, CSA/USA, Inc. -- www.csaceliacs.org

Jefferson Award Winner, May 2008, for public service to celiacs

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't
ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in
the same place." -- Nora Roberts, author

"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously."
--Peter Ustinov, British

*******
*******