THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:47:33 EDT
> Phyllis Davidson <[log in to unmask]>

>  I am a farmer.. Till the
>  day they find a way to deprive me of that replacement as
>  well.

I'm not so sure it would be so easy to deprive an iindustrious farmer who
raises at least a few livestock.  I hear the Chinese used to make a thyroid
soup thousands of years ago.  Thinking about nature, it wouldn't surprise me
if we were meant to be meat eaters that we would be expected to eat the whole
animal, including the thyroid gland.  Consistency might be a problem, on the
other hand I don't know if it's as terribly important as it's made out to be
for the majority of people as long as you get enough.  I know one can get too
much thyroid medication, but I saw my wife take doses that I was surprised
were humanly possible and whereas my pulse rate was too rapid above 6 grains
of Armour, hers calmed down to normal and was under 80 at 18 grains.  One
reason for reverse T3 might be to compensate when one ingests too much animal
thyroid.

Yes, the first thyroid extract was used for one person and came from a sheep.
 IT must be possible for our modern farmers to figure out how to get what
they need when it's an animal product.

Skipper

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!