ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:48:29 -0600
Hi Jeremy,

I want to share with you what The Lord has shone me over time.  I
also have a tendency to doubt my salvation, especially when I do
rotten stuff inside myself.  I've tried/didn't try to make myself
truly say yes to Him, but I'm afraid it's so hard that I wouldn't be
willing to go through my inner withdrawal not yielding to the
urges.  But do you know what?  The Lord is showing me that it is He
who works in us to will and to do according to His good
pleasure.  You can find this in Philippians chapter 2, I
believe.  Yes, the previous verse says we must work out our salvation
with fear and trembling, but please please don't ignore the very next
verse.  It is just as important as the other.  In  Ephesians where it
says that we are saved by grace through faith, not by works lest no
one can boast, etc.  But it seems we fail to look at the very next
verse, which tells us that for we are God's workmenship, created in
Christ Jesus to do good works, that God has prepared in advance for
us to do.  Please read those verses to get the full meaning, as I'm
not sure if I'm giving the correct context.  If this is hard for you
to grasp right now, I think I can understand; it's hard for me to
listen to the positive too.  I also feel like I still need to keep
myself from yielding, so I want God to show me exactly what I need to
do to prevent this.  One thing I notice is that the temptations come
more often when I have anxiety about it, so maybe part of the
solution is to find a way out of this stressful situation or to make
more effort to believe the positive for myself.  Please also remember
that when you realize that you're not worthy to stand in the
judgement, that's exactly what God wants you to be aware of, and
that's when you can ask God to do the fixing, because without Him
doing it, you'll never be ready or even worthy.  He knows your heart
even when your heart condemns you.  the fact that you are so deeply
concerned about this is a good sign, so please just ask God to show
you His truth and any lies that have been planted in you, so that you
can be set free, free indeed!    Dear Lord, please show Jeremy what
he needs to know, and help him to calm down and listen and accept
what you say from Your word.  In The Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sharon