From:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:28:06 -0400

Gluten-Free Living's View of "The G-Free Diet."

If you want the straight scope on Elisabeth Hasselbeck's new book, The
G-Free Diet, go to www.glutenfreeliving.com to read our review. We received
so many requests for the review after is appeared in our Summer issue that
we decided to post it on our website.

The issue is packed with stories you won't want to miss. Here's a sample of
what you'll find.

From "Summer's simple pleasures"

By Amy Ratner

"Summer's pared down eating style brings lots of foods that are naturally
gluten free and others that can easily be adapted. Here's an alphabetical
list of summer favorites and their gluten-free status...

From "Lickety Split" GF ice cream is easy to find"

By Amy Ratner

"The main ingredients in ice cream are sugar, milk solids, ice crystals,
flavorings and air. That means almost all ice cream that does  not contain
cake, brownies, cookies, cookie dough, graham crackers or other add-ins made
from wheat is likely to be gluten free.  Most brand name companies...

From "Are celiac patients in the US missing out on a good thing?"

By Donald Kasarda, PhD

.A manufacturing process is in place in the US that is capable  of producing
wheat starch with very low levels of gluten proteins.It is likely that this
starch could be used in the production of products that would be well
tolerated by most celiac disease patients..

From GFL's Food Labeling section:

Recently Van's, a company known for its gluten-free waffles, started selling
French toast and pancakes made with barley malt extract. The use of barley
malt extract sent a jolt through the gluten-free community because the
ingredient has long been prohibited in gluten-free food..

From Laying rumors to rest"

By Jacqueline Mallorca

.Like everyone else, those of us who follow a gluten-free diet are bombarded
with an avalanche of dire warnings  against this food or that for reasons
that have nothing to do with gluten..Let's lay a few rumors about food to
rest...

From "Basement Brew: How to make homemade GF beer"

By Harold Rothwell

.I found a gluten-free recipe designed for home brewing. This was
particularly intriguing since I had no idea how to brew my own beer.
However, based on the difficulty of finding beer and the limited choices, I
decided to try it..

From "Three steps to lose weight on a GF diet"

By Anne R. Lee, MSEd, RD

.for some people, following a gluten-free diet has led to unwanted weight
gain. And that can be a real problem...